5mls OM3 OILS contain 1750mg Omega 3 oils:
600mg Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
900mg Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
Omega 3’s Essential for your Pets Health – But which is the preferred source?
Omega-3s, play a huge role in your pet’s health. The anti-inflammatory properties of Omega 3s help improve the health of your pet’s skin and coat, allergies and itching and arthritic problems. Omega 3, especially DHA, is also crucial to brain development especially in puppies and kittens (growing pets/animals).
Popular grain-based pet food; made with grain-fed animal products has upset the omega3:omega6 balance in favour of the latter. This has resulted in a generally more inflamed animal and one which is more vulnerable to all chronic disease.
The preferred source of Omega 3 comes from natural fish oils and NOT flaxseed. This is what one of South Africa’s top nutritionists, Sally Ann Creed has to say:
“Although flaxseed oil is often touted, even by some doctors, as a substitute for fish oil, new studies show it’s not a reliable alternative. The conversion of flaxseed oil’s short-chain omega-3 to long-chain omega-3 found in fish is unreliable and inefficient, say new tests. This is especially true for the “brain booster” DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), credited with giving baby brains higher IQs and protecting aging brains from memory loss and Alzheimer’s”.
Why Beatrice Rabkin (Bsc Nutritional Medicine; Dip,Pharmacy) recommends VONDIS OM3 OMEGA FISH OILS for Skin and Joints.
- It contains higher percentage of Omega 3 than other similar products.
- It is naturally distilled from fish caught in our own SOUTH Atlantic Seas. Unlike many other Omega oil products, no alcohol is added in processing.
- There are also no added preservatives.
- OM3 OMEGA FISH OILS has very low peroxides and mercury and other heavy metals have been removed
- OM3 OMEGA is natural – a process unique to OM3 OILS SOUTH (PTY) LTD – patent pending
The natural low-temperature distillation process used by OM3 OILS SOUTH AFRICA enhances the therapeutic benefits of OM3 OMEGA by:
- Preserving the delicate natural molecular structure of omega 3
- Producing minimal rancidity – tests show peroxide levels to be well below most imported products
- Ensuring a higher percentage of Omega 3 than other similar products
Omega-3s, play a huge role in your pet’s health
The anti-inflammatory properties of Omega 3s help:
- Improve the health of your pet’s skin and coat, itching, irritation, allergies and bacterial infections.
- Helps maintain healthy cell membranes
- Slows the growth of common yeast infections
- Aids in the proper development of the retina and visual cortex; improving eyesight and eye health.
- Helps prevent heart problems by maintaining healthy blood pressure, decreasing triglyceride and blood cholesterol levels.
- Slows the development and spread of certain pet cancers
- Enhances mood by encouraging cell membrane sensitivity to neurotransmitters receptors such as serotonin and dopamine.
Puppies and Kittens
Omega 3, especially DHA, is also crucial to brain development especially in puppies and kittens.
Vondis OM3 OMEGA contains a balance of omega 3,6 and 9 fatty acids which supports healthy cell membranes, or healthy healthy membrane function.